Thursday, December 3, 2015

Jumping into the Unknown





Do you ever fill you are standing at a cliff.  God has told you to jump but he hasn't given you the parachute.  He is the only one that has a chute.  You know you are harnessed to him securely.  You have jumped numerous times and every time he is always there.  He lets you enjoy the free fall feeling but you feel him against your back.  You know at just the right time he will pull the handle and you will slowly descend to the exact spot he wants you to land.  After all he is the perfect and makes no mistakes.



But when you are at the edge and you are looking down.....your mind is racing.  Should I actually trust him with this situation.  Is he really telling me to jump.  Is this just my imagination. What if we land where I am not comfortable.  AKA another home, different job, different income, different friends, the list could go on and on.



As I studied the life of Abraham this morning the study pointed out that all that was asked of Abraham was that he be obedient in faith.  Knowing God who was able to do abundantly more than he could have imagined and still is.  Really he was 70...he had no business fathering a baby.  A child that would be in the lineage of Jesus, the Saviour of the world.



We to have been invited to just obey in faith.  He does not push over the edge.  He gently invites us to test Him.  What is holding us back?  What is holding me back?  God plans are always right.  I do not know better than him what is best for me and my family.



Today I want to choose just to lean into his embrace, trusting that he will pull the handle to the chute at just the right moment to land me exactly where he wants me to be.  His plans are to prosper me and He is always faithful.

No comments: