Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Well I have decided to participate in Not Me Monday so here are some things I would have never done in the past week.

Wait to brush my teeth until 4pm. That would be way to gross.

Stay in my pajamas all day to clean house, at least until my male neighbour with his child shows up at the front door. Of course my 4 year old son would not go ahead and let them in while I am running to the bedroom to put some clothes on. Of course I would be dressed by 4pm.

I would not decide to clean my filter in my vacuum cleaner while my children are eating supper. Of course they would not need to cover their drinks so that all the dirt flying through the air would not turn their SunnyD brown. Then I would not go out into the garage and use the air compressor to blow the rest of the dirt out of the filter. Of course if I were not able to see afterwards I would immediately realize that it is because my glasses are covered with dirt and there really isn't a haze throughout the whole house.

The good mom that I am would not be excited that my husband is taking my children to basketball practice and I get to be by myself for about 2 hours.

I would not want to name my last post "spooning" and then after looking it up on the internet find out that some people think of that as sex not just as cuddling. Of course I would have heard of this before.

I of course am to good a mom to allow my children to play video games and watch TV for most of the day they are out of school. I would personally help them make homemade cookies and play educational games with them or read them Bible stories and do a corresponding craft. Of course I am that kind of mom.

I would never send them out in the cold with their bib overalls on because they are wrestling in the house. Of course I would make sure they had actually put their shoes on before they went outside.

I would never make no bake cookies while they are gone to basketball and eat half of them before they return. Of course I wouldn't do this knowing that I have to weigh on Thursday at the doctor's office. I also would not eat them while they are still warm requiring me to use the spoon and I would not drop any on my protruding stomach. Of course if I did that I wouldn't just role up the bottom of my shirt to cover it while I did laundry so that I didn't get any chocolate on the clean towels. That would just be lazy.

My dogs wouldn't refuse to lay on the couch in my office after I put a blanket on it so that they would quit shedding on it. They wouldn't decide to lay in the recliner instead. Of course they wouldn't be that spoiled.

These are just a few of the things that I would never do.

5 comments:

Cassie said... said...

I love your "not me mondays"

Anonymous said...

Keep them coming girl! I'm thinking about posting some things I would "never" do either. You are so cute pregnant!

Anna said...

what a sweet family you have! i never stay in my pjs all day...cleaning or no cleaning! great not mes!

The Hickmans said...

That is hilarious- I love it!!

Jessica said...

So funny!