Thursday, February 24, 2011

We Are The Champions

Do you hear the song in your head??????  Noah has had a great time this year playing basketball.  After the season for the 3rd graders was done he was invited to play in the fourth grade league.   His team was made up of all third graders.  They had a great season and won their division for the district. 

Just to let you know it seems that when my children are involved in a competitive activity I have this demon that comes out.  Seriously I yell like there is no tomorrow at the games.  I don't know what happens to me.  My heart races and this voice comes out of no where. 

In the semi-final game there was this crazy woman yelling for the score keeper to start the clock toward the end of the game.  It was close and she knew the only chance of winning was if the clock would run out.  I guess the score keeper was engrossed in the game because he forgot to start the clock.  Anyway, this crazy woman thought he would actually hear her from across the court yelling "start the clock, start the clock".  The next game I promised (I mean the crazy lady promised) to keep herself under more control.  Really these are third graders there is no need to act like such a heathen.  lol.


Noah and I talked a lot before the game that this was going to be a chance to show our true character.  Win or lose it is about the attitude that we have on and off the court.  We are representing Jesus in all that we do and say.  Of course it never hurt to throw in there "There is no crying in basketball".  He had a great attitude and that is what I was most proud of.

The whole team played great. I was proud of all of them.

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

"Noah and I talked a lot before the game that this was going to be a chance to show our true character. Win or lose it is about the attitude that we have on and off the court. We are representing Jesus in all that we do and say."

maybe HE should have been discussing this with YOU! so funny! by the 3rd child you will learn to control yourself...i promise.