Tuesday, August 26, 2008

John 3:16

Well a new year for connection groups is about to start. Tim is thinking about our group doing a study on John 3:16. Usually during the night I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Well last night was no different. I started thinking about our small group. The first part of the verse John 3:16 kept on popping up. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son. Then I would think to myself what have I done. Really when you compare what we do to giving up a child it is nothing. My parents are going through a study with their church "One month to live". If I really believed that this was my last month would I do more. Would I invite my lost neighbors to our bible study, would I witness to a lost friend, would I show God's love to a single mom. Really if this was our last month what would we be willing to do. Please pray that I will step out and really live like the people around me are going to die and go to hell without Christ. Do we really care?????

2 comments:

Cassie said... said...

That's some heavy thinking for someone who's sick all the time!!

BTW - you don't have to tell me when you have a new post. I have you linked to my blog so it shows me anytime you update!

Leah said...

AMEN, Bekah! This is a convicting conversation that Evan and I have all the time. Why is it so hard to step out of our comfort zone and share Jesus with others...not just by the example of our lives, but with our mouths, too. Thanks for keeping me accountable with this post. Something that I need to remember.