Well I just read a blog and was inspired to try to write down a few goals for myself in this coming year. For some reason this is hard for me. I guess when I write them down that others will know if I have failed instead of just me by making it public. Well I need some motivation on some of these goals so maybe this will be a good thing.
1. I want to read my Bible through chronologically. I have read the Bible through before but never this way. I started in December because I knew I might get behind some time during the year and I wanted a head start. Is that cheating? I want to have a more consistent quiet time and grow to know and love the Lord more. Feel free to ask me on a daily basis on how I am doing with this. Haha. Maybe if I get a phone call each day asking me how it is going I won't get behind.
2. I want to show my husband daily that he is loved and respected. I am the world worst at just assuming he knows what I am thinking. I want to make an effort to spend alone time with him and put his needs above the wants of my children.
3. I want to help my children have a growing relationship with their heavenly father. I want them to see the love of their heavenly father through me. I want to pray with them every night and discuss spiritual issues with them.
4. I want to get a few more clients so that I can help out a little more financially and be able to give more away. Tim and I both love to help out when we see a need. It seems lately that has been a little more difficult with the cost of living constantly increasing. If you know of anyone that is in need of accounting help let me know. I am waiting for the Lord to drop an account into my lap.
5. I want to share my faith not only with my actions but also have the courage to share it in words to those around me.
6. I want to be healthier. We now have a Wii Fit maybe this will be the boost I need to actually start doing something. I need to lose about 15 pounds and I want to be able to beat my 5 year old in a race. Or be willing to get in a bathing suit and go swimming with my kids.
7. I want to show more grace to people. It seems that sometimes my expectations of people are so high there is no way that they can reach them. I don't want to sweat the small stuff.
8. I want to use the the trials and situations that our family has been through to help others. I want to make a difference in someone else's life this year.
Well I guess I can't change my mind now that I have went and actually wrote them down. At the end of this year I will have to look back and see what I have actually got accomplished with the Lord's help. So what are your goals for this year?