Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Am Blessed

I am blessed to have some of the best friends. I don't know if I seem desperate or what, but two different friends made my family supper this week. I have not cooked once this week. WooHoo

Kelly Jansson made us supper on Tuesday night. We had a rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and cookies for dessert. It was fantastic. I put the chicken that was left on a salad for supper the next night. I was excited all day about not having to cook that night.

Timmy called me at work today and told me someone was bringing us supper tonight. He wouldn't say who. When I got to Karen's to pick up my kids this afternoon she was in the middle of cooking a huge meal. Everything looked great and I was thinking I might be a little jealous of the Champagnes who she was cooking for. When we got in the car Noah asked what we were having for supper. I told him someone was bringing us supper but I didn't know who. About that time Andrew pipes up "Mrs. Karen is making us supper". (One should never think that he is not actually listening to what is going on around him)

It was wonderful!!!!

We had grilled pork tenderloin, green beans, homemade mac and cheese, potatoes, salad, and bread. For dessert she had cut up fruit and had made fruit dip. She gave us enough to feed and army but we put a huge dent in it.

Sorry to everyone who is reading this and drooling. Of course you should be drooling because both of these meals were really really good. Maybe someday you will be lucky enough for your friends to make you a meal. Or you could drop a hint to me and I will make you a one.

I am so grateful to have friends that will feed me. hahaha

No comments: