Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lesson Learned

I have a bad habit of putting the pacifier handle in my mouth to carry it around while carrying the baby. Well I think I have learned my lesson. Yesterday, Satan was in the attack mode. I was trying to do something nice for someone and therefore He was trying to ruin everything.

Ti had been cranky most of the day. Well he really was only cranky when I wasn't letting him nurse or rocking him in the rocking chair so I guess I can't say he was cranky the whole day.

Let me start at the beginning of the day. We went to the Library that morning, not such a good idea. I was sure that they were going to ask me to leave. I think there is some kind of rule for not allowing a screaming child in the library. We tried to stay in story time without any success.

After we finished the torture of the library we went directly home to try to get him down for a nap. He slept all of thirty minutes. Then crazy me decided I would cook supper and since I was already cooking I would make enough for another family.

While trying to cook I get on the phone with our pastor and start discussing what we should do about an building and grounds issue at the church. While on the phone Noah starts yelling that Ti has pooped. The loving mother that I am start to pick up the screaming child while on the phone (well actually I did this after yelling at Noah not to pick him up by himself). MISTAKE. Somehow I hung up on the the pastor and then realized there is poop everywhere. I mean everywhere. He was in his bouncer and the whole cover had to be put in the washer. It was kind of like he had no diaper on at all. I go ahead and pick him up and take him to his bed. Lay him on a towel and begin to take all the pooped soaked clothes off. You got to love breast fed babies. All the while Noah is standing by commenting on how gross it is. I then put him in the bathroom sink for a good hosing down. Then back to the bed for new clothes. At this point I am convinced that Satan is trying to get the better of me. I will have none of that.

I continue to finish up the supper (after washing my hands thoroughly)and do get it to its destination on time. As I am leaving to take the supper I grab the pacifier and put it in my mouth and head to the car. At this point I noticed something tasted bitter. I am thinking ooh no, what is on the handle of this pacifier. I quickly take it out of my mouth. Guess what ---Poop. At least I think it is poop because it is yellow and there was actually poop all around where it had been. Not that I could tell by the taste. I can honestly say that I don't think I have ever tasted it before. Yes - Satan won that round.

I have hopefully learned a lesson - ALWAYS, ALWAYS look before you put something of the babies in your mouth. You just never know what might be on it.

2 comments:

Cassie said... said...

that is sooooooooo gross!

Anonymous said...

I concur...that is EXTREMELY GROSS!! Sorry girlfriend.