Monday, July 20, 2009

Through the Fire

This week is VBS. I am the Bible truth teller (story teller) for the younger ages. I think this is probably the best place for me. I really enjoy trying to figure out a way to keep their attention and help them learn something at the same time. Keeping about 25 preschoolers attention can be a hard job.

I am so excited about the story tonight. "The three thrown into the fire" I so love to read this story. I was reading it again this morning to the boys. I wanted to shout out a praise for Jesus. Imagine being strong enough to say "even if my God chooses not to save me I will not choose to do wrong." I was talking to the boys about how I pray that no matter what, they would choose to do the right thing. And then Noah says "Mom, that was kinda like the time one of my friends wanted me to steal a pencil at school and I said no." Now that makes a momma proud. Andrew also informed me this week "even if you break a window, God still cares for you". I am wondering if there if something happened that I don't know about.

Something else that stuck out to me in this story is that they didn't even smell like smoke after coming through the fire. I can think of trials in my life where I think I came through a trial alive but a little stinkier than before. How close to God these men must have been walking not to even have a hint of smoke on their clothes. When people see me do they see someone with smoke stains and a stench or do they see someone walking by Jesus through the trials?

The first night of VBS went well but before it even started Andrew ran into a table in the KidZone.

He is a tough kid. I don't think he even cried.

2 comments:

Momx6 said...

Awesome comments - so true!
They are blessed to have you as their teacher!

Oh, thank you for sharing about the "A"! That is a blessing to me. I really did love all you students and did my best - but sometimes, looking back, I wonder if I ever impacted anyone. ?? You are absolutely right - those things stick with us all our lives.
No, we live in Osceola now - over on the opposite side of the state, on the Mississippi River - actually Mississippi County. I work for the U of A, Division of Agriculture - the County Extension Office in Blytheville, as a secretary - just 2 1/2 days a week, which I love. I only taught in the Christian school one year after we moved to LR - and then moved to secretarial work. We were in LR for 16 1/2 years, the longest anywhere.
It is really great to catch up with all of you - Lanna has written several times now on Facebook telling about all of you. I love how being in Christ keeps us all inter-connected - forever. :) I'll check your blog often!
Later!

Cassie said... said...

I am usually pretty smokey. I don't envy you your job at all. As a matter of fact, I am reminded why I cook every year. Kids are really not my thing. I think it may have more to do with the fact that I work with 28 all day & have 3 more to deal with when I get home.