Saturday, July 25, 2009

You Just Can't

You just can't out give God that is.

Last Sunday in class we decided to help out a few families that moved or would be moving into a new place. I had all the children bring can foods and I went through my pantry also. Timmy was so looking forward to unloading our pantry a little. If you have ever seen my pantry you would understand why. One of the families I put just a little cash in to help a little bit more to buy the fillers for a meal. It really wasn't much at all.

God just proved himself again, that you can't out give him. We loaned out our camper to some friends. They wrote us a thank you and put a little gift in the thank you. Just to let you know we don't accept money from friends for borrowing something of ours. So they will have to take it back or I am going to be super mad. (that note is just in here incase they happen to read my blog) I will accept a homemade dinner for payment though. Then Noah went out to get the mail and guess what. I had a check from the hospital. This was money that I had over payed for Titus' birth. Yes it did take them 5 months and several phone calls to get my money back but I did. So basically God gave me back 2500% of what we gave away. Doesn't that make you want to give something away. God is just amazing like that.

Malachi 3:10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

The gift we gave was above what our tithe was and truly God blessed us more than we have room for. God always keeps his promises.

3 comments:

Jill said...

So true!! God is good like that. :)

Leah said...

I love hearing stories like this. We've experienced this SO MUCH especially in the last two years of school, but it's always so exciting to hear other people's stories, too.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the example you and Tim are to us!

Cassie said... said...

I figure if I give $5000 away, and got gives back 2,500%, I will just about cover what we owe to The oncology clinic!