Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Little Appreciation, Please


October is Pastor Appreciation Month.  We tried to show our appreciation by cooking a meal and giving a small gift.  We had Bro. Barry and Mrs. Sheila along with Scottie, Allyce and Henry for super on Tuesday night.  

I need a bigger table or something (hint, hint).  I couldn't fit all the food and the salad on the table and not be cramped so we had a salad bar.  Since I am always nervous about what people like in their salad I put everything in a seperate bowl.  We had lettuce, tomatoe, brocolli, eggs, croutons, bacon bits, salad topping, and carrots to choose from.



For the main course we had brisket, brocolli and cheese, rolls, and potatoe casserole (which was still in the oven) .  I got the brisket from Sams it is precooked and already sliced.  You just can't mess it up.


I made "good chocolate cake" (a recipe from Meredith) for dessert.  We had icecream to go along with it.  It was super yummy.  Actually, that is what I ate for supper last night too.


I found these cute little glass pumpkins at Walmart and filled them with candy and a gift card to Braums.  A sweet treat for some sweet people.


I am sure we don't do enough for those that help us in our spiritual walk, but I hope they felt a little appreciated after this evening. 


Somebody let Laci (the dog) in during the evening.  She graced us with her presence by going under the table and tooting.  You know it is bad when you can taste it.  That might not have made them feel too appreciated. lol   I would have taken a picture of our guest but I thought they might have thought that was little weird.

So how did you show appreciation to your pastor last month?  I am always looking for new ideas.  I haven't "appreciated" the music minister and his family yet.  I am hoping they put us on their calendar for November sometime.

3 comments:

Jill said...

The brisket from Sam's is so good...that's what we always buy too. Your meal looks DE-LISH. Makes me want some broccoli/cheese. Haven't had that in forever!

Momx6 said...

Just want you to know I read and LOVE your posts. I'm ejoying watching your family grow!

Momx6 said...

Sorry - enjoying.