Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Quit

I QUIT
     I have decided that friendships are hard.  It is hard to make the effort to be nice.  It is hard to forgive when you feeling are hurt.  It is just plain hard.  I am going to be a hermit and never have to put out any effort or trust people ever again.  I Quit.

I QUIT
    I have decided serving at church is just too hard.  Really having to deal with all those people with all those different personality is no fun.  You are always going to have somebody mad at you or talking about you.  So it is all just to hard.  I will have my church at home. If the lost want to know about Jesus they can just come knocking at my door and ask me.  I am more than willing to show them the way.  But all this church stuff is just to hard.  I Quit.

I QUIT
     I have decided that raising children is hard.  Really does it matter that they don't obey a word you are saying unless you are screaming at the top of your lungs.  It is just to hard to try to help them learn to be decent people and to make them not fight constantly.  Maybe they are training to be a football players with all those tackles or maybe a boxer with all the swinging going on.  Is there a sport for pinching????? Surely they can learn how to act on their own.  They don't really need anyone to guide them.  I Quit

I QUIT
    Taking care of a house is just to hard.  Does it really matter how much dog hair is on the floor.  I am sure this is just protein for the baby right.  Do the clothes really need to be that clean to wear them.  Green on each knee on every pair of jeans is good.  It adds color.  This is the time for greenary right?  It is just to hard.  That egg shell in all the cupcakes that you are having to make for the parties is just protein.  It ranks right up there with dog hair.  Do we really need groceries.  I say that bread and butter should surfice for a meal.   That ring around the toilet just adds color to the bathroom.  I am all for a variety of colors in the bathroom.  Pink for the toilet and brown for the bathtub and white for the mirrors.  Colorful....Colorful.   I Quit.

I seem to want to say "I Quit" a lot lately.  You might of course never want to give up.  If I was perfect I would never want to give up on doing good too.  Unfortunately I am not.  It seems that friendships, church work, the house and children are a lot of work and sometimes it just doesn't seem worth it. 

This morning God smacked me upside the head with this verse.  2 Corinthians 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

I guess I need to be praying for a little of God's abundance in all my "good work".

1 comment:

Momx6 said...

LOL! I always wanted to "run away from home" - but I had no place to go!
All of us mothers can so identify.

Love it!