Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

I AM THANKFUL FOR FAMILY


The Sisters



My Family



We ate with my dad's side of the family on Friday Night. 

Everybody goes to Aunt Nories and after we eat they play their guitars and sing out of the heavenly highways.  What good memories we are making.  The boys like to go because her husband is a taxidermist (sp????) so they have stuffed animals all over their house. 



Aunt Lane makes the bread for dinner.  Let's just say I probably should not  have her recipe.  I would gain lots of weight.
Aunt Elaine & Uncle Bob



Aunt Sarah and Uncle Charles



Aunt Nora and her husband Harvey.
 I have always called her Aunt Norie but my dad calls her Nora Belle. 
She turned 70 a few weeks ago and she could out work me any day of the week.  She is quite amazing.


Her joy is contagious



Thursday for lunch we went to my mom's side of the family.

I learned that my grandpa was put in the brigg for 5 days during the war.  I asked him what for and he said he couldn't tell me.  He later admitted it was for punching an officer that was a higher rank than him. He was the boxing champ at his base for a while.   I just love hearing stories about his past.
Uncle Ronnie likes to tell stories too.  His are just usually made up though.  hehehe.  He is so fun to be around.
Grandpa and Uncle Ronnie


Grandpa and his Daughters


All the grandkids were there except for two.

I think 3 of the great grandkids were missing.





Saturday for lunch we ate at Tim's mom's house.

Grandma and Grandpa Disheroon
These are two of the best people you will meet.  Neither one of them became christians until they were grown and married but you would think they had been a christian all their lives for all the knowledge they have.  InaMae still does a women's bible study.  I would love to live close enough to be able to attend.  Earl serves as a deacon in their church.  We had to spend many a night at their house when we were first married due to skunks spraying underneath our house.  Their home was always open to us even when we came in smelling like a skunk.  You just can't get much sweeter than that.


Grandma Fultz and Noah




Grandma Fultz and Ti





Uncle Matt and Ti



3 comments:

Suz said...

Wow! Ya'll had a busy Thanksgiving! Lots of eating! :)

Cassie said... said...

don't you just love family

Momx6 said...

Love it! You girls have not changed much!