Wednesday, December 9, 2009

We Made It

Tim was gone to Mexico last week for work and we survived.  The first day he was gone Andrew asks has it been four days yet.  The boys were actually pretty good while dad was gone.  I think they felt a little sorry for me.  I don't like to spend the night by myself. Probably the hardest part was having to get everyone ready and out the door for school in the morning.  I really don't know how single parents do it all.  I was so tired of taking care of everything by the time he got back. 

He got home on Thursday and we were all happy about it.  He brought some candy home for us.  Andrew and I didn't like it but Noah and Tim thought it was okay.  He also gave the boys some of the soap and lotion from the motel room.  The lotion reminds me of aqua velva.  STINKY.  Anyway the boys were very excited to get something.  You would have thought he was giving them pieces of gold.  Noah wanted to bring the soap to school to show everyone.  We convinced him that it wasn't that big of a deal and to bring a map of the city he was in instead.  

Candy from the little store in the hotel. 


Everyone at the plant where he was at has to back their cars into their parking places so incase they have to evacuate in a hurry.  The crime rate and drugs are really bad there. Now doesn't that make you feel safe.  We are glad he made it home safe and sound.  Hopefully it will be a long time before he has to go back.

No comments: