Friday, May 14, 2010

Favorite Books

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

I am particpating in "Show us your life" over at Kelly's Korner.

I remember reading lots and lots growing up.  I had to write a book report every month while I was in private school, at least it seemed like that.  You would think I would be a better writer now, obviously it didn't help me much.

Anyway some of the books I remember most were Heidi or the Little House on the Prairie books.  Sugar Creek Game and Nancy Drew books were also great. 

The one book I remember my mom reading to me when I was a child is The Lonely Doll by Dare Wright.  It was copyrighted in  1957.  The story is of a doll that wants to have friends and ends up getting into trouble and even getting a spanking.

I talked my mom into giving me her copy of this book so I have been able to read it to my children.  They like it also.

One of my most favorite books to read to my children is "The Monster at the End of This Book"



Now the only reading I get done during the day, that is if I am lucky, is reading my Bible. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

That Lonely Doll book cracks me up! She really gets a spanking!? LOL I need that book too.