Monday, November 10, 2008

America - Israel ???

Last night we had connection group. The main verses were in Hosea. It was talking about how Israel had sinned and went after other things but God still loved them and wanted them to return. It had been a while since I read this book so I decided to do that for my quiet time this morning. These verses really stuck out to me. I wonder if we could put America in the place of Israel in these verses.

Hosea 5:15
Then I will go back to my place until they admit their guilt. And they will seek my face; in their misery they will earnestly seek me."

Hosea 6:
1.
"Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds.
2.
After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.
3.
Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."

This morning I am praying for America. That we would admit our guilt of going after everything that feels good in the moment. That we confess our sin of indifference. That we would stand up for the right not just look the other way and say everyone has the right to their own opinion. Of course everyone has their own opinion but this doesn't mean their opinion is right. That we would acknowledge who the Lord almighty is and we would not place any above him. Maybe God will show mercy on us like he did Israel. I pray that he heals our land and restores us to fellowship with him. That we would be a godly people only following after his righteousness, desiring to do his will and leading others to his saving grace.

No comments: