Tuesday, March 2, 2010

God the Provider

Well I just wanted to brag on our provider a little.  A few weeks ago I did our taxes and we were getting quite a bit of money back.  I do realize that by putting our withholding so high it is like giving a loan to the government but I really like to have that extra income at the beginning of the year.  I also know that I could be putting this extra income monthly into a saving account and earn a whopping .87 percent interest but like I said I really like the surprise factor when I do the return.  Anyway after I did our return I started wondering how we might get to spend some of this extra cash.  It seems like everytime God gives us a little extra it is because he knows the future and what is coming up.  Well this was no exception.  Not only have we had to buy a new washer machine but last night the garbage disposal bit the dust.  Isn't God just cool like that.  He knew we were going to need that extra money to replace some things and he didn't even wait until after they broke to give it to us.  He gave it to us a couple of weeks in advance.

Thank you God for being our provider.


Galatians 3:5 MSG

Answer this question: Does the God who lavishly provides you with his own presence, his Holy Spirit, working things in your lives you could never do for yourselves, does he do these things because of your strenuous moral striving or because you trust him to do them in you?

The answer is:  Of course it is nothing that we have done but His grace.